Hide your MAC Address from hackers, government agencies, your ISP, WiFi networks, online games, and more! Anyone with the right tools can track your Internet activity if they know your MAC Address. Now you can conceal your real MAC address and bypass all kinds MAC address filters with the handy tool “Change MAC Address”!
Benefits & Features
- Change MAC Address with just one click!
- Generate any MAC address you prefer
- Prevent online games from banning you based on your MAC Address
- Clone the MAC Address of another computer. Bypass some ISP registration requirements.
- Hide your real MAC Address from hackers, WiFi networks, and ISPs
What is a MAC address
A MAC address is short for media access control address, which is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment.MAC addresses are most often assigned by the manufacturer of a network interface controller (NIC) and are stored in its hardware, such as the card’s read-only memory or some other firmware mechanism. If assigned by the manufacturer, a MAC address usually encodes the manufacturer’s registered identification number and may be referred to as the burned-in address (BIA). It may also be known as an Ethernet hardware address (EHA), hardware address or physical address. A network node may have multiple NICs and each NIC must have a unique MAC address. Although intended to be a permanent and globally unique identification, it is possible to change the MAC address on most modern hardware.
Why need change MAC address
- A very important reason is privacy. Just like an IP address is your ID on the internet, a MAC address is your ID on the local Ethernet network. Recently, as the rise of mobile network, with WiFi & bluetooth hotspots everywhere, the privacy implications of MAC address tracking have been the subject of increasing debate.
- When scanning for wireless networks, client devices like the laptops or mobile phones periodically broadcast identifying packets that include the MAC address. In recent years, a number of firms have taken advantage of these broadcasts to track individual devices as they move around — for example, some retail outlets use MAC address-based tracking to record the path that consumers take as they move through the store, allowing long-term measurement of shopping habits and better placement of sale materials and advertising.
- Not only the merchants who provide WiFi hotspots, actually your MAC address can be seen by everyone on the local Ethernet network using many simple tools. A hacker on local network thus can track machines (and thus you) on the network, for purposes such as man-in-the-middle attacks that let them intercept users’ traffic. This is especially a threat when you are on a wireless network and are using a public WiFi network like in coffee shops, hotels or airports.
- And according to Edward Snowden, the National Security Agency has a system that tracks the movements of everyone in a city by monitoring the MAC addresses of their electronic devices. Click here for detailed information.
We recommend ordinary users like you use this handy tool to hide MAC address, it is a very good practice to protect your online privacy now!
Conceal your real MAC address and bypass all kinds MAC address filters now with the handy tool “Change MAC Address”!